Pre-built Developer VMs
December 23, 2010 1 Comment
Just downloaded and setup the database development VM running on VirtualBox.
How easy is that?
I did have a couple of versions of Oracle running on VMWare Fusion on my MacBook Pro.
Then it crashed and I lost a bunch of stuff that I haven’t got reinstalled yet.
Yes I’m an IT professional. No it wasn’t backed up. What’s your point? 😉
Anyway, these Virtual Box VMs – nice, easy. Cool.
And in a flash I’m running an environment with:
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Enterprise Edition
- Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database Cache
- Oracle XML DB
- Oracle SQL Developer
- Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler
- Oracle Application Express 4.0
- Oracle JDeveloper